Terms of Hire
The Company Dannash PTY LTD, trading as Gippy Cycles, is the owner of the bike bag (for the purposes of this agreement, the word ‘bag’ means bag or bags plural depending on the number of bags hired as per this agreement).
When collecting a bag from Gippy Cycles, the hirer is required to complete a physical Gippy Cycles Rental Form.
Gippy Cycles agrees to hire the bike bag to the hirer under the following terms:
Bike bag components
The hirer agrees that each bike bag consists of:
- The RYFE soft bag containing;
- 1 x Bike Bag
- 1 x Packing Instructions
- 8 x Frame poles (4 x White, 4 x Black)
- 2 x PE Boards
- 2 x Fork Spacer (1 x White, 1 x Black)
- 2 x Black straps (Foldable when not in use)
- 1 x Frame Strap/Wrap
- 1 x Handle Protector
- 2 x Removable Velcro Red Straps
Use of the bike bag
The hirer uses the bike bag at their own risk, and must:
- decide the suitability of the bike bag for the purpose required;
- use the bike bag in a skillful and proper manner and only for the purpose and within the capacity for which it was designed;
- at their own expense; clean, maintain and keep the bike bag in good order and condition;
- clean the bike bag properly and thoroughly upon completion of hire or be charged a cleaning fee of $80.00;
- be responsible for the safe keeping of the bike bag, and indemnify Gippy Cycles for any loss or damage to it by whoever and howsoever caused;
- be responsible for and indemnify Gippy Cycles against all claims in respect of injury to persons, or damage to property, arising out of the use of the bike bag by whomever during the hire period however arising;
- not remove, cover, change or damage Gippy Cycles identification tags or labels on the bag and associated equipment;
- not sell, hire, lease or otherwise part with possession of the bike bag or assign the benefit of this hire agreement; and
- not alter the bike bag in any manner.
Loss and damage
- The hirer acknowledges that the bike bag is not insured. The hirer is responsible for the loss and damage to the bike bag whilst on hire. The hirer will pay for any losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered by Gippy Cycles in respect of the bike bag whilst on hire to the hirer. If a replacement bag is required, the hirer will pay Gippy Cycles the full recommended retail replacement cost of the bike bag. The hirer is hereby authorized to take out insurance on their own behalf in respect of the bike bag.
- The hirer acknowledges that they are responsible for and indemnify Gippy Cycles against all claims in respect of damage to any bike packaged in the hired bike bag from Gippy Cycles. The hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to any bike contained in the bag whilst on hire. The hirer is recommended to take out insurance on their own behalf in respect to any bike contained in the bag.
Condition of the bike bag
The hirer will detail any pre-existing damage or blemishes either
- on the physical Gippy Cycles Rental Form completed when the bag is collected.
Payment of Hire
The hirer will pay for the full cost of the hire to confirm booked dates with Gippy Cycles within 7 days of booking dates requested. Failure to pay for bike bag hire may result in Bike Bag being hired to another hirer
- Without prejudice to any other remedies available to Gippy Cycles and notwithstanding any period of hire specified, Gippy Cycles may terminate this hire agreement at any time after giving the hirer one (1) day notice of termination or without notice if the hirer shall commit any serious breach of the hire agreement.
- Upon termination, Gippy Cycles shall be entitled to take possession of the bike bag/s and for this purpose the hirer irrevocably appoints Gippy Cycles as their attorney and authorises Gippy Cycles or its agent to enter on any land or premises owned by or under control of the hirer and recover the bike bag/s and the hirer will pay for and indemnify Gippy Cycles against any claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of the repossession of the bike bag.
Failure to return the bike bag
If the bike bag is not returned within 7 days of the anticipated return date or such other date as agreed in writing between Gippy Cycles and the hirer, the hirer acknowledges that they are liable to pay Gippy Cycles an amount equal to the full recommended retail replacement cost of the bike bag upon demand.
Hire Cancellation Policy
As a customer you may only cancel your hire reservation online or over the phone at any time prior to the hire commencing. No cancellation by the customer is valid unless it has been acknowledged in writing by Gippy Cycles.
- If you cancel your hire 30 days or more from the date of shipping or collection a full refund of the booking cost will be provided.
- If you cancel your hire 14 to 30 days from the date of collection you will be charged 50% of the total booking cost.
- Cancellations inside 14 days from shipping or collection date will be charged at 100% of the booking cost.